Welcome!

You may want to share your thoughts, post an article! :)


I love the rain. Do you?


It’s rainy season again and typhoons are starting to build-up there in Luzon. One thing I miss about Landing is we don’t experience typhoons there. Though it always rain down there, but we rarely get winds and rains as strong as those in Luzon and Visayas. And most often, it rains at night. You’d be surprised to see the outside of your house wet the moment you wake up the next day.

Anyway, since it is raining these past few days and tonight here in GenSan, I’m wondering if you love the rain. I know several people who don’t. How about you, do you love the rain?

I used to love the rain when I was a kid. When it rains, my childhood friends and I used to sit near the window and watch the the outside of our house get wet. I also developed the liking for the scent of the earth when it gets wet. When nobody’s watching us, we usually go out and play in the rain. Also, my Lola used to cook lugaw (champorado diay, para mas sushal hehe) for us.

We also played with tadpoles. After a few days of continuous raining, the frogs usually spawn their tadpoles in the small pools of mud in our backyard.

(to be continued)

0 comments:

Post a Comment